"Good Works lead to Good Will which leads to opportunities to share Good News!"
The church is called to be a conduit of God’s love in the world. One way we show love is by seeking the welfare and betterment of those in our community. One of the primary ways we do this as a church family is through Eastview Community Center in East Des Moines. This service venue, owned and operated by Family Church, allows us to love unconditionally as we have been unconditionally loved. We believe this kind of service often leads to other life-giving relationships where we can share the hope that we have with those who are hurting. Our motto is “Good Works lead to Good Will which leads to opportunities to share Good News!”
Here are just a few of the community services and ministries operated out of Eastview:
- Reasonably priced venue rental for private parties, community meetings and classes, and neighborhood events
- The Caring Hands at Eastview DMARC Food Pantry
- Community Events
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Breakfast with Santa
- Partnerships with local businesses and organizations to conduct classes and provide services, including:
- Lighthouse Recovery Ministries Just Be Men's and Women's recovery support groups
- Basking Babies Birth, Breastfeeding and Baby classes, seminars and consulting
- Des Moines Public Schools SUCCESS Program
- Homeschool Co-Op Groups
- Local kids sports leagues practice field use
David Harper, one of our Family Church pastors, is the Director of Eastview Community Center.